When making the jump to adding voice calling to your Microsoft Teams you are faced with two options.
1 – Add Calling Plans on a per user basis from Microsoft.
2 – Add Direct Routing with a Specialist VoIP Provider/Integrator.
If you have sub 5 or even 3 users, then it may make sense to opt for the Calling Plan bolton on from Microsoft at £4.50 per user. However anything over 5 users it would make more sense to work with a VoIP provider who can provide Direct Routing SIP Trunks to your Office 365 tenant.
Direct Routing is typically charged on a per channel/SIP Trunk requirement, thus negating the requirement to add it to every user.
I would expect most companies have a 3 to 1 ratio on channel requirements or even less. So a 50 user company could in theory only require 16 channels of direct routing.
The other issue is dealing with Microsoft to assist in number allocations / number porting? You only have to google reviews on peoples experiences to read some real horror stories of companies with loss of service on numbers for days when porting.
Fuse 2 ensure number porting is smooth and guaranteed!
Advantages of using Fuse 2 Communications as your partner.
- Small setup fee to integrate into your Microsoft Teams
- Low cost channels
- Options for HA / Onsite or Hybrid SBC deployments
- Ability to add call recording which is not possible currently with Microsoft calling plan/phone system
- Ability to add enhanced features such as Call Centre/IVR and emergency diverts
- Monitored SIP trunks allowing you to view concurrent call usage – a good indicator how to scale your SIP Channel Requirement.
Get in touch to speak to our Microsoft Teams Specialists who can help you on your direct routing journey and migration from traditional PSTN / PBX services.